So, all those people who always try to convince me to eat healthy are always trying to get me to exercise as well. While I’m not against it, I don’t do it often. At least not their version.
Today I got in quite a bit of exercise, my way. Warmed up with some cardio (anxiety). Then walked to the bus stop, and up the stairs at the trolley, and to another bus, and down to Dave & Buster’s where I had a salad and a soda. I was tired.
I don’t care what anyone says. Whac-a-Mole is cardio. I was so exhausted, had to sit there and breathe for awhile.
Basketball & skee ball for strength training and coordination. I LOVE skee ball! I even made that little 100 hole in the corner once and I made a few baskets. Woohoo!
I love this view. Skee ball is good for the soul.
When I left, I was exhausted. The internet told me the bus still ran but it didn’t, so I walked to the trolley (a mile). When I got there I sat down in Panda Express and could not move or breathe. Too much. Way too much activity.
I wondered as I played skee ball with a smile why it is that I pay my gym $40 a month and never go if I have so much fun playing skee ball and Whac-a-Mole takes everything out of me. It might be smarter just to make a date with Dave & Buster’s. When I left I felt happy and tired. I felt calm. I could use more of that. Fun.
© Michelle Routhieaux 2010
Random Interesting Facts
- I have little to no concept of time.
- I absolutely HATE brushing my teeth. It makes me gag and I don’t do it often.
- I hate soap, can’t stand it, and avoid it whenever possible.
- If I don’t stink and my hair looks okay, I don’t shower.
- I love touching different textures – walls, peoples clothes, foods etc. But it has to be even – touched w/both hands or all 10 fingers.
- I walk either on the cracks or avoid them, never (or rarely) randomly. If walking on the cracks or lines there is a certain place on my feet they much touch. Either way, I must step on as many with one foot as the other.
- I can’t stand slimy things – with the exception of pumpkin seeds.
- I love the feeling of taking off in an airplane and used to be able to count down to the exact landing.
- I used to collect mini-clocks and have a box of trolls in my closet.
- I don’t do ethnic, meaning if it’s not a standard Americanized version of American, Mexican, or Italian food or fast food I don’t eat it. I do Panda Express for Chinese but don’t bother trying to give me curry, Greek, Mediterranean, African, Indian, Middle Eastern or any other food.
- I lack the ability, on most days, to leave a store with only what I went in for.
- I love cats, hate snakes, and have never owned a dog.
- I hate being told what to do.
- I love anything soft and the color pink.
- In the 6th grade I thought in 10 years I would be either on Broadway or a kindergarten teacher.
- At midnight on New Year’s Eve every year I call my 8th grade history teacher.
- I have 748 contacts in my phone and have had the same email address since the 8th grade.
- I hate staying home.
- I love riding the train.
- I love the smell of wet dirt and desert rain.
- Writing this is making me nervous.
- I can’t stand hair, even my own, once it’s left wherever it’s supposed to be.
- I have several life insurance policies.
- I have a ton of debt.
- I love good paper and the smell of fresh copies.
- I’ve always wanted to work at Kinko’s.
- I am ashamed of my family.
- I have a brother I’ve never met.
- I don’t have a drivers license.
- I don’t’ believe in sport fishing, especially catch and release.
- Writing helps me feel connected. My journal always listens to me.
- My favorite stores are New York & Company and Staples.
- I played the trumpet and French horn for a few years.
- I am a triple threat.
- I hate killing things – even bugs.
- I don’t eat anything that looks like it did when it was alive, lives underwater, or has no legs.
- Staying home makes me stir crazy.
- I demand choices but have a very hard time making decisions.
- Eating peanut butter helps my anxiety.
- I hate holidays.
- I have a box of books and shoes for the dance studio I hope one day to own.
- I own my own drill.
- The cloth-monkey study, learning about it, affected my life dramatically.
- I’ve been rejected by eHarmony. :(
- I don’t cook or clean.
- I believe in having fun, following the rules that make sense, breaking the ones that don’t, forging new paths, reinventing and improving the wheel, and following your dreams. You only get to live once, right? Question authority, take a stand. What’s the worst that can happen? Losing it all? Done that. What’s next? Bring it on.
- My favority place in the world is the top of the Dumbo ride at Disneyland with my arms stretched out wide. Pure joy. And, pending there is no sniper atop the carousel, nothing can get me. I am perfectly safe. :) (sigh) Feels wonderful to imagine…
- I received an award for the only student ever to ask for “more math, please.”
- I love bluegrass.
- Many of the things and people I now love I first hated.
- I eat cooked carrots with mustard.
- I have hundreds of pens but very few I will actually use.
- I still have most of my Barbies and boxes of trophies and plaques in the garage.
- I don’t and never did get the concept of “play.”
- I’m trying to get younger by the year. I’m tired of being an old soul. I want to be a kid.
- I LOVE to swing. :)
5-1-10 I also hate the smell of a sneeze and LOVE a singing fiddle and almost anything Disney. :)