What is it I like about Bing’s?
- The people
- The music
- The atmosphere
- The fact that it’s separate from the drama of my life. That’s not to say there isn’t drama. There certainly is. But it’s different, and it’s not mine.
- I get to choose what these people see. They don’t know my history. I get to start fresh. I’m just another patron, for now.
- I like that I feel like I fit in – mostly. I’m trying to find or make my own Cheers. It’s like the theme song says:
Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name, and they’re always glad you came. You want to be where you can see, our troubles are all the same. You want to be where everybody knows your name.
- I like it because much of the time I just can’t stop smiling.
And I thank God for that. :)
- DBSA work
- I made 2 things and ate 3 times – hot dogs, a salad at Bing’s, and frozen mac and cheese.
- I talked to new people.
- I talked to people I know and was honest, even though it’s scary.
- Instead of sleeping or continuing to feel shitty, I did something to make myself feel better.
- I smelled the lilies. :)